[Scribus] Easy way to convert Publisher files using the MHT format

Icy EyeG icy.dearchild
Sat Feb 2 16:11:19 CET 2008

Hi!
I'm new to Scribus, so I don't know if anyone has talked about this or not.
I love the program, but one thing I'd like to have would be an easy
convertion of Publisher (2003/2007) files. I already saw that you don't
intend to port proprietary formats (and I do understand the reasons).
However, I think that no one talks about the fact that Publisher also saves
files in MHT format. The 2003 and 2007 editions (at least) can edit these
MHT files, as if they were regular PUB files, because all the style
information is saved in HTML tags and metadata (most of it localized between
the <head></head>). As a MHT file is easily edited in a text editor and
Scribus uses a XML-like format (and, for what I understand HTML support is
on the roadmap), wouldn't it be easier to add a "Publisher MHT file import"
function, instead of a "Publisher PUB file import" function?
The users would still have to convert their PUB files one by one to the MHT
format, but it would be a huge improvement to increase the popularity of
Scribus.

Please tell me what you think.

Regards,
Icy EyeG