[Scribus] Bounty for true PDF handling in Scribus

Craig Ringer craig
Sat Feb 2 18:17:44 CET 2008

Matthias St?rmer wrote:

>       * Scaling: The imported PDF page can be scaled
>       * Cropping: The imported PDF page can be cropped

I should've noted in my previous post that if you want scaling and
cropping you're almost certainly going to want to keep the existing
frame-based import interface, since that'll keep embedded PDF consistent
with how people already manipulate them and how they're used to working
with images.

That'll probably mean the creation of a new derived image frame type,
but it might be possible to get around it and keep on using the existing
image frame type. After all, there are image formats (like TIFF) that
have multiple pages, and most other options can apply to both PDF and
other images. This is something you'll want to seek advice from others
from, though, as it depends a lot on how much of the frame type cleanup
and frame subclassing support is finnished (in other words, how painful
is it to create a new frame type?).

--
Craig Ringer