[scribus] How to get 1.3.3.x compiled for Windows

Pierre Marchand capparis at free.fr
Mon Dec 29 16:08:27 CET 2008

Vous (Daniel Clemente) avez écrit :
>   Hi, I'm interested in compiling 1.3.3.x for Windows because I did some
> improvements to the code. However, compiling Scribus on Windows seems to be
> very difficult according to everyone:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Building_Scribus_on_Windows
>
>   Therefore I'm asking:
>
> 1. Is there a simple way to compile Scribus on Windows myself? Ex: a bundle
> which includes the code, the compiler and all required libraries, so that
> everything works. Or a virtual machine image, already configured for the
> process.
>
> 2. Since the Scribus developers already have a working setup to create
> Windows releases, it may be better if I submit my code to the Subversion
> repository, and let it be built there. Is this possible? How long would it
> take? My code adds new PDF-related options and a new PDF form field.
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel

a) There won’t be new features added to 1.3.3.x branch. New features go in
1.3.x (Trunk in fact).

b) The best way to submit patches is to file a bug report at bugs.scribus.net
and attach the patch to the report.

c) AFAIK, needed project files for Windows™ have been commited in Trunk.

Sorry to not detail more, short in time. Good luck & happy new year!

--
Pierre Marchand