[scribus] How to get 1.3.3.x compiled for Windows

Daniel Clemente dcl441-bugs at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 14:41:55 CET 2008

  Hi, I'm interested in compiling 1.3.3.x for Windows because I did some improvements to the code. However, compiling Scribus on Windows seems to be very difficult according to everyone: http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Building_Scribus_on_Windows

  Therefore I'm asking:

1. Is there a simple way to compile Scribus on Windows myself? Ex: a bundle which includes the code, the compiler and all required libraries, so that everything works. Or a virtual machine image, already configured for the process.

2. Since the Scribus developers already have a working setup to create Windows releases, it may be better if I submit my code to the Subversion repository, and let it be built there. Is this possible? How long would it take?
  My code adds new PDF-related options and a new PDF form field.

Thanks,
Daniel