[scribus] Scribus 1.3.5 cmake error

Pierre Marchand capparis at free.fr
Sat Dec 27 10:02:10 CET 2008

Vous (Roger) avez écrit :
> Intention to install the latest scribus1.3.5svn downloaded this afternoon
> 26 Dec 5 pm.
>
> I installed qt4.4.3 this  pm today
> Removed all qt3 files
>
> set .bashrc exports
> export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt4
> export QTLIB=/usr/lib/qt4/lib
> export QTINC=/usr/lib/qt4/include
>
>   env | grep QT
> QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt4
> QTINC=/usr/lib/qt4/include
> QTLIB=/usr/lib/qt4/lib
>
>   in /Scribus1208 cmake reports:
> cmake .
> -- Scribus 1.3.5svn will be built to install into
> /home/user/Scribus/Scribus1208 -- Found target X86
> -- Building for target i386-redhat-linux
> CMake Error: The installed Qt version 4.3.3 is too old, at least version
> 4.4.0 is required
> -- Configuring done
> [user at localhost Scribus]$ make edit_cache
> make: *** No rule to make target `edit_cache'.  Stop.
>
> ran make edit_cache and checked all the settings as  ok
>
>  From QT Designer<about QT>: This program uses Qt Open Source Edition
> version 4.4.3. From QT Assistant: Version 4.4.3 Open Source Edition
>
> qt4 is installed in /download/qt4/ and all the executables are in the
> qt4/bin Question: Should I move the executables to /usr/bin, would scribus
> cmake find them
>
> Where and why is cmake finding a non existent file and refusing to find
> qt4.4.3 How is this problem to be fixed.
> Puzzled
> Roger

As said by Owen, you would at least need to have consistant environment
variables. But it's not even exactly that which hurts here AFAIU. First,
removing your CMakeCache.txt file at root of your build dir could help.
Second, if you have not Qt 4.3.3 installed, setting your QT_DIR correctly
should work, else, rather than trying to figure out  which is first on the
path etc., you can use "-DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/path/to/qmake" at cmake
invocation, pointing to the right cmake of course :-)

HTH

--
Pierre Marchand