[scribus] [Scribus 0007687]: I cannot change English in WinXP SP2 Japanese

lim pato kulindan at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 23:23:06 CET 2008

Dear Mr Administrator,

Thank you for your soon reply. Thank you again for giving me a good software. I bought a Japanese version computer. I have installed any other software with english version and it run well.
Yes, I have choosen preference when installing your software, but It didnot work, the system keep display japanese character after installation finish.

Then, I am looking for any information. I then used set LANG=en ..... with batch format and the result I can run english version now and even I do that for GIMP 2.6.

# But, If you give me a way to change the sribus languange with using a simple setting, please let me now. I am an ordinary person, that dont now so much about source editing of computer.

# By the way, I just add a comment to this software, why dont you make this software easier to directly copy, and paste an image from other source, and then do a simple crop? In other software like pagemaker we can do a simple image editing. I wonder why dont you make something like that? Only this one I think disadvantage your software.
If I understand the languange of machine I will give contribution to change it in order to make user use it easily, but I can't. I only can give a suggestion to the competent person who can do it...

=best regards/Hendri A=