[scribus] Scribus Wiki: Last Call for "Success Stories", for 2008

Julian Robbins julian.robbins at q-par.com
Tue Dec 16 12:14:34 CET 2008

Julian Robbins wrote:
>> > Hi Maciej
>> >
>> > I will add an entry to your wiki re Success stories with Scribus, as our
>> > company does all of its Datasheets and Brochures, in fact anything
>> > printed, with Scribus. There's about 5 of us with it installed here.
>>

> I've seen your stuff on the Wiki, cool. I'm going to add a nice
> screenshot of your company profile, hope, you don't mind.

Feel free. I just didnt have much time to add some really thorough
>> > But sorry to sound mean, but is there anyway that if I add a link on
>> > your wiki to an example PDF created in Scribus on our website, that I
>> > can at least use it as a link with good incoming Google Page Rank ? I
>> > see that the links already on the wiki are of the 'nofollow' type which
>> > means that linking to my PDF's from your site won't help me with my SEO
>> > (Search Engine Optimisation) work. e.g. From John Beardmore's entry

> Well, this controversy http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nofollow is well
> beyond the scope of this list (I guess) and my scope of interest (I'm
> sure). Scribus Wiki uses Mediawiki as-is, with all its pros and cons.
> But if you'd like to convince a Scribus Wiki admin to change this
> default behaviour, I'd suggest submitting a feature request to
> bugs.scribus.net.

Interesting wiki page. I might submit a request to bugs.scribus.net, but
its not a really big thing for us.

>> > I'm really sorry to sound ungrateful, but you may find that others add
>> > their links more willingly with just a little treat (ie getting a nice
>> > PR5 link inbound) in return  ;-)
>>

> No objection taken, but I think, those who may want to write a success
> story have already been given so many treats by the Scribus team and
> this community (free software, free documentation, free advice), that
> they don't need any additional incentive to give a little in return.
>
> I'm glad you did:)

You have a good point. I was just thinking of ways that the Scribus
community could add more info to the wiki and any incentives may be useful.

>> > We've been using Scribus for about three years now in our company, and
>> > appreciate the power we can gain as a small business from it, without
>> > paying out lots of money for InDesign etc.
>> >
>> > I've been using it since version 0.5 at home !!!
>>

> Wow. This is like speaking to a Cro-Magnon man:) Those were the days.

I dont actually remember Cro-Magnon !! But yes, Scribus 0.5 did rock !

Julian