[scribus] Do we have Scripter APIs for ...

Adagio Grazioso adagiograzioso at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 04:54:40 CET 2008

Are there Scripter APIs for the following in 1.3.5svn ?
- set font baseline shift
- get text width for "selected text" (not for the entire text frame)
- set font tracking
- set character style

This in relation to the Chordpro import and chordsetting
(http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3408). I was wondering if we
could do what has been requested by doing the following -

- select each chord using and inclusive of the [ ] delimiters
- Baseline Shift UP the selection by 100%
- determine the text width for the selection
- using this text width calculate and apply a suitable negative
tracking for the closing ] delimiter so that the lyrics that go along
the chord appear right below the chord

I've tried doing this manually and it sort of works - so what we
really need is a way to do this via a script - which is why the query
regarding the scripter APIs

I asked this question on IRC - and was redirected here. Also before
posting this on the mailing list - I had submitted the same via the
form on the website (http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/73)
- but looking at the archives of the mailing list - it didn't look as
if what you submit on the form is sent to the mailing list. My
apologies if that is not the case and this amounts to double posting.