[scribus] Markup in text files...?

taliesin taliesin at tarddell.net
Sun Dec 14 00:57:09 CET 2008

Hi,

I've actually done some very useful work in Scribus so far, just from
reading the documentation. But I seem to have missed how to do the
following and could do with some help:

How can I add styles mark-up to a text document so that when I import it
into a text field, those styles are automatically used? If that's not
clear, what I'm wanting to do is have a plain text file loadoftext.txt
which has some sort of mark-up in it such that when I import it into a
text field, parts of it have the appropriate style set. I guess I'm
thinking in terms of things like TeX and HTML and looking for something
equivalent in Scribus. This would be useful to me as I can easily blast
through a long text document using regular expressions or search and
replace to add markup for chapter headings, sub-headings, highlighted
names, etc. But going through a long piece of text in the Story Editor,
highlighting parts and changing their style would take too long to be
practical.

Is there any way of doing what I want? I thought about importing my text
as HTML and then changing the styles accordingly, but I wanted to check
I wasn't missing something obvious.

Thanks for any replies,

Taliesin.