[scribus] Scribus, Ghostscript, and Mac OS X

Liz Cademy zcademy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 22:23:02 CET 2008

Hello!

I am a new user of Scribus, and I joined this list because I can't
find the answer to my question anywhere on the Scribus site, the
Wiki, or the GoogleShpere.

Technical info:
Macintosh PowerBook G4
OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger)
Scribus 1.3.5, OS X native version

Personal Info:  I've been using Macs since 1990, have never used any
flavor of Unix. I'm comfortable working "under the hood" in Mac OS,
but tell me to open the Terminal and I'm in Kindergarten.

The problem:  I don't have Ghostscript installed, so the only way I
can print from Scribus is to create a .pdf and print that. I'd like
to install Ghostscript, but can't find a Mac version of it. There are
instructions for installing Ghostscript on a Mac, but they are
written for people who know Unix.

Help! Can someone either:

a) point me to a .dmg version of Ghostscript that will self-install
on my Mac, or

2) explain to me, in words on one syllable or less, how to use
Terminal to install Ghostscript?

Thanks, and apologies for introducing myself with a help request.

--Liz