[scribus] ANNOUNCEMENT: Scribus - The Official Manual is now available for sale!

William F. Maddock billsey at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 6 19:20:49 CET 2008

I'm fairly certain that there are plenty of books for sale that only
serve as manuals or how-to's for open source projects. I think it's
great that the manual is finished, and soon to be available for sale
(I've already ordered my copy). There is, however, one thing that I'd
like to correct, perhaps get clarification on (quoting Greg's original
announcement):

"Profits from the sale of the book will go to the Scribus project as our
way of giving back to this project we love so much, so it's also a way
for users who appreciate Scribus to not only buy the best source of
answers to the many questions they have, but also in turn keep this
project healthy and moving forward."

Perhaps I've misread, but I took this to mean that ALL profits would be
going to the Scribus project. Either way, let's not sell Christoph and
Greg short. They have led a monumental project to completion and,
apparently, taken nothing for themselves. Much thanks is quite
appropriate.