[scribus] Will 1.3.5 produce a PDF good enough for printers?

avox avox at arcor.de
Fri Dec 5 09:47:45 CET 2008

Stewart Noy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With functions like overprint, and character styles, I'm thinking of using
> 1.3.5. What quality PDF's does it produce?
> Or should I just soldier on with 1.3.3.12?

PDF quality is the same, as long as you don't use "Embed PDF (Experimental)"
without checking the embedded PDF's quality.

> Also, 1.3.5 doesn't open a 1.3.3.12 document exactly as it was created in
> 1.3.3.12. It seems to use a certain amount of Manual Tracking, changing
> the
> layout of the text. Not a huge problem but it's there.

Do you have details for that? The text layout should be exactly the same,
unless you use the additional features in 1.3.5 like word spacing and glyph
extension. Maybe you can file a bug and attach your 1.3.3.12 file to it?

/Andreas