[scribus] Will 1.3.5 produce a PDF good enough for printers?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Dec 2 16:42:43 CET 2008

Stewart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With functions like overprint, and character styles, I'm thinking of
> using 1.3.5. What quality PDF's does it produce?
> Or should I just soldier on with 1.3.3.12?
> Also, 1.3.5 doesn't open a 1.3.3.12 document exactly as it was created
> in 1.3.3.12. It seems to use a certain amount of Manual Tracking,
> changing the layout of the text. Not a huge problem but it's there.
I would say that there is no difference in the quality of the PDFs from
1.3.3.12 to 1.3.5svn. If the 1.3.5svn added features are important to
you, I would suggest initially making your document in 1.3.3.12, then
importing into 1.3.5svn for these final tweaks (and saving with a
different filename). That way, if something doesn't go as expected in
the development version, you still have an original version that
1.3.3.12 can load.

Greg