[scribus] Speeding up Scribus WinXP

Leander Sukov leander.sukov at leander-sukov.de
Wed Dec 3 13:11:29 CET 2008

Am Dienstag 02 Dezember 2008 schrieb Simone Ambrosini:
> Hi, I'm using scribus to lay out our school magazine. I've noticed (now,
> and 2 years ago) that running scribus on WinXP is quite slow. I mean that
> when I have about 3 or 4 pages with text and images is usable, and then,
> when i load text in all the 16 pages scrolling, moving boxes, editing text,
> etc become very slow.

> Goodnight! (here in italy is almost midnight ...)

That is unfortunate with scribus: It is slow, no - it is as fast as dead
turtle, when it has to work with more than just a few pages. We are still
using an old pagemaker (6.5) on a window computer (the only one remaining) to
do the layout for books.

We would love to do all layouts with scribus, but due to the speed we can't.
However for layouts with less than 6 pages we use it, because its handling is
much better.

It is also not possible to split books into different documents, because you
loose a lot of control on orphan, widows etc.

--
http://leander-sukov.de