[scribus] Schedule for next major release.

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 00:42:48 CET 2008

If nothing else, the .sla file format used by 1.3.5 will still likely be
readable by whatever is the next stable release. So from that POV -- being
able to open the file in the next Scribus version -- you should be okay.

I have used 1.3.5. and 1.3.3.X and I far prefer to use 1.3.5. BUT it
definitely has problems, so save your work OFTEN. But it *is* usable.

Let us hear a story on how it turns out. Even if it is a boring story. Throw
in some references to Angelina Jolie or something to spice it up.

later...

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:55 PM, John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> I am putting together an e-book on using Scribus for book covers. My
> question is, should I base it on 1.3.5 or 1.3.3.12?  1.3.5 has some
> distinct advantages for book cover work.  But the sla files have a
> newer format.
>
> Will 1.3.5 or its successor (4.0?) be released as stable by June 2009?
> If not I will write the e-book based on 1.3.3.12.
>
> I recognize that the only things certain in life are death and taxes,
> but perhaps the developers can drop a hint.  Are we getting close?
> --
> John Culleton
> Resources for every author and publisher:
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/shortlist.pdf
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/packagers.pdf
> http://www.creativemindspress.com/newbiefaq.htm
> http://www.gropenassoc.com/TopLevelPages/reference%20desk.htm