[scribus] How to use color management?

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 02:04:05 CEST 2008

hal,
thank you for the very eye opening reply.  i have never heard it put
so clearly and authoritatively.  you make me want to go out and buy a
measuring device and really get my color management act together.

yes i have a system that works for me and has for several years now,
even with commercial printers.  you really can't knock that aspect.

on a different note; what happens when you change commercial printers?
 do your profiles go out the window?  i know not for your particular
setup, but what about the transfer of files.  different printer,
hardware and software for the commercial printer; how does one handle
the color management then?  do commercial printers who have a goodly
amount of color management knowledge tinker with you file or do they
set your file to their color profile and everything is hunky-dorry?  i
have always wonder about this.

cheers,
dwain

--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  Benjamin