[scribus] Basic tutorial on creating poster in Portable Scribus

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 13:38:54 CEST 2008

Have you looked at the tutorial that is downloadable from:

http://www.oliveroot.net/Scribus/Getting_Started_With_Scribus_2008/

This is NOT for the poster, but hopefully, it will help you understand the terminology. I knew absolutely nothing about Scribus in particular, nor Desktop Publishing (DTP) in general when I started working with Nigel to prepare this revised tutorial, so I was coming at it from the perspective of a complete novice. The tutorials are in OpenOffice format. The ZIP file contains the both tutorials and all the files mentioned in the tutorial.

 Getting_Started_A4.odt Getting_Started_Letter.odt Getting_Started_With_Scribus_2008.zip README.txt md5sums.txt
I hope this is helpful to you.

Murray