[scribus] [Fwd: Hebrew and English in one paragraph]

Joop lists at joelassist.nl
Tue Aug 26 18:27:43 CEST 2008

Asif Lodhi schreef:
> Hi Joop,
>
> On 8/26/08, Joop <lists at joelassist.nl> wrote:
>> How do I mix Hebrew words in an Dutch or English sentence?
>
> If you're working on Windows then it's a matter of installing support
> for complex script languages, afaik. You'll then have multiple
> languages' icon in the very far-right of your task bar and you'll be
> able to switch between different languages by pressing a certain key
> combination (e.g. alt+shift, etc.). Once you've done that you can type
> multi-language text in WordPad at least. I didn't try that with
> Scribus.

Asif,

Thank you and others for responding.

What you write is exactly what I have done. I can switch my keyboard
from Dutch/English to Hebrew and that works fine in OpenOffice.org.

It also seems to work in the story editor, but when I save the text in
the text frame, the order of the letters is reversed. What was written
from left to right ???, and what should show on the screen
gimmel-beth-aleph, becomes aleph-beth-gimmel.

Joop