[scribus] 1.3.5 Windows spelling checker ?

joseph harris smilepoet at vfemail.net
Sun Aug 24 19:14:56 CEST 2008

From: ""Christoph Schäfer""

> I've used various versions of Serif PagePlus, which is an
> excellent program that is in no way a kiddie DTP program. It
> can do
> color seps and create PDFs and--by the way--includes a spell
> checker. You could easily write the whole document in PagePlus.

Sorry for my nitpicking, but PagePlus has some serious drawbacks
that prevent it from being used professionally:

3) The hyphenator didn't work in the latest version (X2).

So while I agree that it's not a "kiddie DTP program", it's
certainly not ready for professional use.

Cheers

It is an interesting list, which I generally wouldn't comment
against, as I am not certain of the position on the other four,
but the current Page Plus is X3, which I don't have.

Joseph Harris