[scribus] 1.3.5 Windows spelling checker ?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 17:23:04 CEST 2008

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> 2008/8/21 Peter Nermander <peter at nermander.se>

> Exactly! A single letter added or removed can add or remove a line and this
> can have either a very local effect, or an effect on many many pages. So,
> why spend hours on a layout and then discover that a text has not been
> proofread correctly prior the layout and then put at risk hours of work for
> "tiny" text modifications?

Then again, why work for hours in OO with no idea if your contribution
will fit in the space available when you can type in to Scribus and have
a pretty fair idea how things will shape up ?

> Those "tiny" details seem tiny only from the text
> point of view. From the layout point of view it could be heavy work, hours
> of work...

It could, though it never seems to take me long.

> So, even if only one person is involved in the work, it's still a
> waste of time to do things in any order.

I disagree totally.

> You don't throw in the eggs once the cake is baked!

Quite.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor