[scribus] 1.3.5 Windows spelling checker ?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 17:08:31 CEST 2008

Peter Nermander wrote:
>> Isn't the stand-alone story editor (with a spelling checker and
>> everything)
>> currently called OpenOffice?

> No, becuase OpenOffice Writer does not work in Scribus native format,
> importing from OO passes a "translation".
>

> One other reason for the spellchecker should be done before the text ends
> up on the canvas is the matter of character spacings (kerning and
> similar). On the canvas people are usually working visually, changes to
> the text are for visual appearance.

A questionable assumption I think.  I'm quite happy to pile the whole
text into Scribus.

> Or if the corrected spelling makes the word longer/shorter so lines wrap
> differently?

If you change some text, doesn't Scribus dynamically re do all the
paragraph layout, kerning etc ?

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor