[scribus] 1.3.5 Windows spelling checker ?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 16:49:35 CEST 2008

Craig Bradney wrote:

>> Anyway - as I recall, this debate was done to death a while back, and a
>> checker was being implemented for which I'm truly grateful !
>>

>> So -  sorry to be contentious, but it really annoys me when people tell
>> me that a tool can only be used their way. Why assume the other options
>> should be so lightly dismissed ?
>
> It won't be dismissed, don't worry.

Thanks !

> I am one of the believers that Scribus
> needs an as-you-type and one-shot type spellchecker.

Even better...  But not urgent !

> I see it fits in the
> typical small type workflow even if not in the larger workflow. Excluding
> something because it might not fit to the large environment is wrong IMNSHO
> and for those types, we can disable a feature (or they can, they have the
> code!), or just not include a plugin etc.
>
> So while there is no as-you-type spellchecker, it just means we need to change
> the text system to handle it, however that wont be tomorrow. That is a
> complicated process and we (the core team) are simply spending all time we can
> on getting 1.3.5 out the door.

That's great !

Many thanks, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor