[scribus] 1.3.5 Windows spelling checker ?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 16:09:47 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> John Beardmore wrote:

>>> I'm playing with the 1.3.5 windows svn and was hoping to be able to
>>> use the spelling checker. Is it implemented yet, or do I need to
>>> install other stuff or something ?
>> There is a spell checker in 1.3.5 (Aspell).
>> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/1.3.x_Roadmap#1.3.5_.3C--_We_are_now_here
>>

>> I have to say I haven't built 1.3.5svn with it enabled, so I don't
>> know how it's invoked (maybe the Context menu?).
>>
>> On top of that, I don't know if it is incorporated into the 1.3.5svn
>> Windows build that you can download.
> I've been trying to get it to work, but perhaps with other ongoing
> problems with Scribus, right now it's not usable -- I get a Signal #11
> crash.
>
> What you do is select a frame then press F7

No response to F7 in the windows 1.3.5svn.

  or Item > Spell Checker,

Doesn't show a spell checker option.

> and
> some windows pop up. Could get that far only with an empty frame, then
> it crashed anyway.

OK.  ;)  Hope it'll be sorted for release, but no rush.

Cheers folks !  J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor