[scribus] Still trying to get 1.3.3.12

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Tue Aug 19 00:39:08 CEST 2008

Okay, a little progress... sort of.  I first checked that the pgp key
was loaded and correct -- all good! Then I started playing around with
Synaptic. I checked each Scribus version that was displayed by looking
at all the tabs near the bottom. I noticed that the "versions" tab
sometimes showed different versions available. I finally found the
1.3.3.12 listing! It comes up in Synaptic as 1.2.5.dfsg-5+b1, with
1.3.3.12 under the "versions" tab. I tried using "force version" to
install 1.3.3.12, but I get the errors "you have held broken packages"
and "unable to lock download directory".  After playing with it a while
it finally loaded 1.2.5.dfsg-5+b1... apparently I didn't use "force
version" when I thought I had. So now I have that installed, and the
#$%$^ thing won't uninstall!  So one step forward, two steps back.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"