[scribus] [play at lindseyross.com: Resizing image]

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 07:51:18 CEST 2008

On 8/16/08, Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex at scribus.info> wrote:
> Lindsey  sent a message using the contact form at
>  http://www.scribus.net/?q=contact.
>
>  Hi, there.  I'm trying to import photographs into a brochure that I'm making.
>   The actual size of the JPG I'm importing is very large, so I'd like to scale
>  it down to a few square inches without distorting it.

look in preferences under tools, click the second icon and select
scale to fit the box and keep aspect ratio.  this should solve your
problem, except that the image will still be however many mb it is.

when you scale the image in gimp, you may have to reset the
resolution.  if you scanned the image it would be best if you
rescanned the image to the size you need.  that way you retain your
resolution, keep the file size low and have a sharp image.
cheers,
dwain
--
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  Benjamin