[scribus] off list Re: ! ;-)

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sat Aug 16 01:30:44 CEST 2008

joseph harris wrote:
> From: "John Beardmore"

>>> And that I would not contest. But you were asking why so few took up
>>> Scribus in the first place; the answer has to do with marketing.
>>
>> OK, but there are some people that use OSS without marketing.
>
> Hmm. Without formal marketing maybe. But far and away the best marketing
> is word of mouth, and other personal recommendation.

OK, but this isn't marketing in the sense of glossy boxes pushed under
the noses of the naive public, or indeed preloading it onto the machines
they buy.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor