[scribus] Scribus bundles (was : ! ;-))

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 10:47:54 CEST 2008

jwminer at accessvt.com wrote:
> I think it's important to get our history straight.

Agreed and well put !

> On a final note, I'm amused at how PageMaker is mentioned so often
> as if it's a current product. Hey--PageMaker became unsupported
> years ago.

But to nit pick, the Adobe web site says

     "Adobe® PageMaker® 7.0 software is the ideal page layout
     program for business, education, and small- and home-office
     professionals who want to create high-quality publications
     such as brochures and newsletters. Get started quickly with
     templates, graphics, and intuitive design tools; work
     productively across Adobe applications; and easily leverage existing
     content to create customized communications."

and it still seems to be available for the handsome sum of 499USD.

That's a lot for unsupported product !

I always thought it was pretty sneaky of Adobe to imply that p65 would
be the last release, drive ervybody over to InDe 1.0 which was crap, and
then release PM 7 !

I never really forgave them for that, or for InDe 1.0 being a heap of jelly.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor