[scribus] 2 up double sided

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Aug 15 01:57:39 CEST 2008

Mr. Beast wrote:
> Thanks everyone for all the help, links, and info. I was hoping I had
> just missed checking a box or something like that. I'm more of a user
> than a geek, so I will probably just end up imposing the pages by
> hand. It's crude, but it is a level of technology I understand. The
> notion of downloading and running additional pieces of software on top
> of learning Scribus is just a little bit too scary right now. Once I
> am a little more comfortable with Scribus itself I will try
> downloading and running additional software to impose the pages.
> Thanks again for your time and help.
you can do imposition with nothing more than Scribus and Adobe Reader.

You already know the sequence of pages that will make your booklet.
For an 8-page booklet for example, when you export from Scribus, check
Export Range and then enter 8,1,2,7,6,3,4,5.
Then on to Adobe Reader, where you select 2-up printing, then print
pages 1,2,5,6, then print 3,4,7,8 (if you are printing these out
yourself, and note that 1,2,5,6 corresponds to 8,1,6,3 of your original
document in Scribus) -- you want to print 3,4 on the back of 1,2, for
example. Once you get this down you can print multiple copies in batches.

When you've decided you've had enough of this, then investigate psnup
and other methods.

Greg