[scribus] Scribus!

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 23:01:52 CEST 2008

> However, I am a bit confused about the concern about whether or not print shops know anything about Scribus (or any other DTP software for that matter).  I just assumed that anything I would want printed would be provided to the print shop in PDF format. Is there a reason for doing it any differently?

Admittedly I only ever print single page ads, but I have never
mentioned my DTP software to any pritner and have only ever supplied
PDF docs, and have never, so far, run into any questions or problems
from the printer. Scribus' PDFs do seem pretty universally usable.

I don't know that much about th eprinting industry, though. Is there a
reason one would supply a Quark doc to a printer? I imagine it used to
be done that way, in the mid '90s or so, before PDF became so
universally accepted.

--
Jeff Silverman
jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com