[scribus] scribus & scribus-ng on ubuntu

Dean dmccorqu at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 14 16:57:53 CEST 2008

Hi
having a problem with running scribus(1.3.3.12) from menu.
I have scribus and scribus-ng(1.3.5) both show up in Applications/Other
but they both run 1.3.5
scribus points to /usr/bin/scribus	apt tells me it is debian 1.3.3.12
splash screen and app show up as 1.3.5 ?

scribus-ng points to /usr/bin/scribus-ng

I also have 1.3.3.12svn installed in my home directory working ok ?
I thought I might be able to copy the binary from my home directory
to /usr/bin/scribus but the menu still runs 1.3.5

any clues

I have tried uninstalling scribus and reinstalled

Thanks for a great app fellas
Dean