[scribus] Views of users

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 20:21:48 CEST 2008

From: John Beardmore <John at T4sLtd.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [scribus] Views of users
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 10:45 AM
---------------<snip>-------------------------
> But it is not linked like Word to MS and
> the windows OS.

Nor need it be. Nor necessarily should it be.
I would say that it definitely should NOT be!
> And that is on the vast majority of machines sold
> because it has the most user friendly interface [and a horrible 'sort
> your problem out' mishmash of place to go and things to do!].

I thought they were on most machines sold because of a manipulative
marketing machine and a gullible public.
I think that is definitely the latter. OpenOffice, WordPerfect and even the Lotus word processor have user friendly interfaces that are at least as good as that of Word (their fans would probably say, 'much better').
But I guess that's their choice however frustrating we may find it.