[scribus] ! ;-)

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Aug 13 12:30:16 CEST 2008

> Are you serious? I think that taking that stance is on the whole more
> potentially harmful to Scribus (or any open source, community-driven
> project) than getting, *and listening to*, some criticism.
> *Especially* criticism you don't like!
>
> Unless you mean abuse. But abuse is not in any way the same as
> criticism. Well, okay, maybe in some surface ways.
>
> But if you can't listen to all the criticism that's out there then I
> understand where JLuc is coming from, even though I don't completely
> agree with him.

He did not say that he does not listen to criticism. He just defined the
boundaries. In the meaning of - if I go to someone's house, take a sit
and get served a nice dinner, it is ok to share an idea about what wine
he especially likes to the meal - but claiming that the house is awful
and the meal cannot be eaten is a bit unpolite. Decide if you like the
metapher, but noone refused to listen to criticism. That is what a lot
of people wrote before - critics in a way that they can help improving
scribus are great. Write down a list of experiences, describing the
worklflow, where scribus could fit into it and where not, track bugs,
make suggestions that fit into scribus - all cool things to do. But if
someone claims that scribus is not useable, I wonder how he can be a
scribus user. And this is a scribus user mailing list...

CU Lars.

CU Lars.