[scribus] Missing Java file?

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Wed Aug 13 07:05:51 CEST 2008

Hedley Finger wrote:

> When I launch Scribus 1.3.3.12 on Windows XP SP2 ... [now updated to
> SP3], the splash appears and I then select to open a recent document.
> At this point, Windows displays a "Missing Shortcut" alert with the
> message "Windows is searching for sdm.jar.  To locate the file
> yourself, click Browse."  If the alert is dismissed, Scribus opens the
> document and all seems well.  (Or I have not yet activated a function
> that will fail because it needs sdm.jar.)
... And writes again ...

The sdm.jar file is the Sun Download Manager which activates when you
download from Sun sites.

I clicked the browse button in the alert and found where sdm.jar lives:
C:\Program Files\SDM20\sdm.jar.

Now, every time I launch Scribus 1.3.3.12, click the Open Recent
Document tab and choose a  file, this  "Missing Shortcut" alert ...

... continues to appear and clicking on the Browse button takes you
straight to the location of the SDM sdm.jar runtime, remembered from the
previous occasion.

Is there any Java in Scribus?  I think not but before logging a bug, can
anyone throw any light on this mysterious alert?

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Fax. (call phone first)
Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfinger at handholding.com.au>