[scribus] Long book project in Scribus on 64 Studio

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 15:35:05 CEST 2008

--- On Tue, 8/12/08, Daniel James <daniel at 64studio.com> wrote:
From: Daniel James <daniel at 64studio.com>
Subject: [scribus] Long book project in Scribus on 64 Studio
Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 2:31 AM

Hi all,

When setting up page numbering in Edit > Master Pages, the Scribus
documentation
(http://documentation.scribus.net/index.php/Page_Numbering) suggests
using two hash characters for double-digit page numbers, and three
hashes for triple-digit page numbers. This would imply using different
master pages, depending on the page number in the project, which could
get complicated if you moved pages around the document. In fact, you can
use three hashes on all master pages, and Scribus will ignore the
redundant digits on pages 1 to 99.
Note that typing a ordinary hash character into the box on the master
page does not work; you need to use Insert > Character > Page Number, or
the appropriate keyboard shortcut for your installation.

I can add this tip to the Scribus wiki if people think it's useful.

Cheers!

Daniel

This "tip" is already included in the draft revised Tutorial "Getting Started with Scribus" that Nigel is working on, though I believe it will become obsolete with versions later than the current stable one, 1.3.3.12.

Murray