[scribus] Crop entire image.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 11 22:07:40 CEST 2008

The online LSI book cover template program creates and sizes a book
cover image in eps format based on page count and paper type etc.
provided by the user.  If one is submitting to LSI the entire
template can be imported into Scribus and made the base layer.  After
the cover is laid out it can be sent back to LSI. Very spiffy. No
dimension calculations needed.

But wait, there is more. The same template can be safely used for
e.g., 360Digital Books. There is a slight difference in the allowance
for cover thickness (about .008 inch) but that is trivial.

Unfortunately to use the same template for another printer there are
additional areas around the template proper that need to be trimmed
off.  I can of course import the .eps file into Gimp and crop it
there but I would prefer to crop it in  Scribus.

I found a way to crop an image frame in Scribus but not the whole
page.  I need to remove exactly 1.25 in off the left edge and 1.75
inch off the bottom.

Is there a function similar to the Gimp crop function that works on
the entire page?

--
John Culleton