[scribus] ! ;-)

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sat Aug 9 21:00:26 CEST 2008

avox a écrit :
> But DTPINWP isn't an attitude but a fact!

from point of use
DTP is kind of page processing
and WP is a part of it.

Specialy when there is no elaborate word (& character) styles
import abilities in Scribus.

> ;-)

> Anyway,  we try hard not to appear snotty, but when some issues have been
> discussed all over again, we grow reluctant to approach that issue with an
> open mind.

thanks for your kind answer...

> For usability I guess the old saying YMMV (your mileage may vary) applies.

15 years ago I was a professional programmer ingeneer
(programming with C++ as windows emerged).
It might be one reason why I dont take all answers for bible speak.

My experience in DTP is 10 year old amateurish
and now professionnal.

> Scribus still has a lot of areas we want to improve (speed, usability with
> textframes, scriptability, workflow integration, ...) but we need to do that
> in our spare time, so it only improves slowly.

I understand this willingness.

Generaly writing, not understating the problems and weaknesses
would help commmunicate with the crew
though.

> From some posts on this list I conclude that graphics drivers might make
> Scribus unstable. From my experience Scribus rarely crashes, unless you push
> it to the computer's RAM or HD memory limits. Admittedly that might happen
> quite fast if you import EPS graphics or use a lot of large images.

Is there a way to diagnose more precisely a driver problem ?

JL