[scribus] ! ;-)

avox avox at arcor.de
Sat Aug 9 15:09:51 CEST 2008

jluc-2 wrote:

> Gregory Pittman a écrit :
>> Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
>>> ml? What is "ml"?
>
> snotty ? what is snotty ?
>
> dictionary.web tells : If you describe someone as snotty,
> you disapprove of them because they have a very proud and superior
> attitude to other people.
> example : "...snotty college kids... "
>
> On the ml, this probably refers to some
>    "Scribus is right, there is no problem, we know,
>    you're wrong, please learn your DTPIXSWUYYSNZOEQQZ".
> attitude :-)

But DTPINWP isn't an attitude but a fact! ;-)

Anyway,  we try hard not to appear snotty, but when some issues have been
discussed all over again, we grow reluctant to approach that issue with an
open mind.

For usability I guess the old saying YMMV (your mileage may vary) applies.
Scribus still has a lot of areas we want to improve (speed, usability with
textframes, scriptability, workflow integration, ...) but we need to do that
in our spare time, so it only improves slowly.

Speed is very subjective. If a user is used to very snappy programs, he
might get frustrated by Scribus' speed. If he is a little more patient, he
might realize that he still gets his work done faster than with a WP.

>From some posts on this list I conclude that graphics drivers might make
Scribus unstable. From my experience Scribus rarely crashes, unless you push
it to the computer's RAM or HD memory limits. Admittedly that might happen
quite fast if you import EPS graphics or use a lot of large images.

/Andeas