[scribus] reyor at dcpas.com: Image won't load

Matt Gushee matt at gushee.net
Sat Aug 9 03:27:23 CEST 2008

Murray Strome wrote:
> Are you sure that in the View Tab pull down menu, you have the box "Show Images" checked?

I hope it's that simple. But there's at least one other possibility. You
should be aware that Scribus doesn't *embed* images in its files, it
*links* them. In plain English, that means that the Scribus file does
not contain the image itself, just a reference to an image file stored
somewhere else. So it's possible that the images have been moved or
deleted. If you want to search for the images, there is a "Manage
Images" dialog (on the main menu: Extras > Manage Images) that will tell
you the file names, and where they were when they were placed in the file.

--
Matt Gushee
: Bantam - lightweight file manager : matt.gushee.net/software/bantam/ :