[scribus] reyor at dcpas.com: Image won't load

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Aug 9 03:09:57 CEST 2008

for Rick Reyor wrote:
> reyor at dcpas.com
> Image won't load
>
> Rick Reyor sent a message using the contact form at
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=contact.
>
> Hi.  This is my first time working with Scribus, but my boss had used it
> before for his business cards.  He now wants to update them, and sent me the
> original files.  I downloaded scribus as well as the ghostscript, and put the
> ghostscript in the Frameworks folder of the library as directed, but I am not
> able to view the images that were previously on the business cards.  In
> addition, I cannot preview the business card.  Please let me know if there is
> something else I can do to fix the problem.  Thank you.  Rick Reyor

This is probably a situation where Scribus simply can't find the image.
The best way to try to send someone an SLA file with its images is to
use File > Collect for Output. This will create a directory that you
give a name, which then includes all the necessary image files, and if
you want, fonts.

If you know you currently have all the image files, they are just not
where Scribus expects them to be compared to the original relative
locations. It may be worth trying to use Extras > Manage Images, where
you can see which images cannot be found, and search for them by
clicking on Search, which will let you browse for them. The dialog helps
you with the name, so you know what you're looking for.

Greg