[scribus] Problem with Document Setup spinboxes.

Guillermo Espertino gespertino at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 05:05:07 CEST 2008

Hi. I'm using Scribus 1.3.5svn and found this problem: Everytime I try
to specify a non integer value in a type-in box, it's changed to 0,1000
cm.
Integer numbers are entered correctly, but any attempt to add a decimal
value lead to the described behavior.
I have uninstalled every scim-related package and it's the same.
The only way I got it right was starting scribus with
LC_ALL=C scribus-ng
That way I could enter the values with decimals, but I can't use that
solution permanently since it makes impossible to open files or
directories that contain non-english characters, and that's a very
common situation in my computer (I live in a spanish-speaking country).
I've also experienced something weird with visualization resolution when
I start scribus with LC_ALL=C. It goes to 1 dpi so I can't see anything.

I'm Running Ubuntu Hardy 64 bits.
Fresh install. I had Scribus 1.3.4 before 1.3.5, uninstalled, deleted
the .scribus folder and installed 1.3.5 from
http://debian.scribus.net/debian/dists/hardy/main/binary-amd64/

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.
Guillermo Espertino.