[scribus] Importing SVG

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Aug 5 22:31:37 CEST 2008

Chris de Villiers wrote:
> I am new to Scribus, but since I started using it about two weeks ago,
> I can only rave about it.
>
> I tackled a fairly big job (a User Manual), and everything worked
> smoothly.  However, when I tried being a bit more creative by
> importing an SVG file, I received this message: "SVG file contains
> some unsupported features".
>
> What does this mean?  The SVG file was created with InkScape.
Inkscape has been pretty aggressive at adding capabilities to SVGs,
still an evolving format. There is no doubt the Scribus devs would like
to incorporate more of them, but there's only so much programming time
(and only so many programmers).

That having been said, sometimes you get this warning, even though as
far as you can tell, everything you need in the SVG is there.

Greg