[scribus] Color problem when doing imposition

Xavier Colmant xavier.colmant at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 19:09:37 CEST 2008

I did check metadata on the original and the Multivalent modified
PDFs. Nothing obvious.

I also did run my tests at the print shop. Everything turned more
reddish including the original Scribus generated file. I'm a bit at
loss here. My 'new' Linux PC is kind of old (my 'new' XP PC did die
when someone accidently poured a whole glass of wine in it). It's a
laptop, not really good at displaying accurate colors.
This being said, the whole newspaper printed beautifully from the
original Scribus generated file. I must say I have a few settings
which allow me to know when colors go awry. On the Scribus file, skin
color is near perfect, which is one of the hardest thing to render
properly. Colors were quite good with the PDF I imposed with Acrobat,
but definitely too reddish. I still do not understand why a PDF tool,
in this case an imposition tool, does fuck up my color balance. The
only thing I can imagine is that my little CMS profiles are aknowleged
by some tools and ignored by others...
Muff Muff !

Xavier