[scribus] Many Pages, large connected textfield, long loading times

Marc R. Stockmeier MarcR.Stockmeier at web.de
Mon Aug 4 19:02:13 CEST 2008

Dear Greg, dear Tim, dear All,

thank you for the answers.

1.3.5 is the developer branch. I used the svn trunk from 02.08.2008. The
effort to compile Scribus was just to test whether we have a problem in the
file itself or if we encountered a limitation of scribus current stable
version, which seems to be the case.

The suggestion to use LaTeX is good but not practicable... (I wrote all my
different thesises using LaTeX) And we would like to have the image placing
cababilities of Scribus.

We will go on with the splitting of the document. But for practical reasons
only one document would be preferable... Anyway 1.3.5 seems to be on a good
track;-)

Best regards

    Marc