[scribus] drag and drop images

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Aug 3 00:38:06 CEST 2008

Daniel Harris wrote:

> I have konqueror open on half of the screen and scribus on the other half.
> Drag and drop works pretty well most of the time (just not for what I want).
> I assume when you say that drag'n'drop doesn't work you are referring to
> windows?

I just mean that at the moment maybe it's not designed to work that way,
so the results are unpredictable, in this case not applying the size to
frame. I'm not sure why it doesn't work that way, though.
It also doesn't work with 1.3.5svn (I'm using Fedora 9 and Dolphin). I
don't know if it's a bug, since I don't know that the devs want or
expect it to work.

Try this and see if it's good enough: after you drag/drop, right-click
and select Update Image. That worked for me -- if you look at
Properties, you can see that Scale to Frame Size is checked, so the
setting just isn't being applied automatically.

Greg