[scribus] drag and drop images

Daniel Harris mail.dharris at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 3 00:10:32 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> Daniel Harris wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Check to see what your default behavior is in File > Preferences  > Tools
>>> >
>>> (Image frames). You can set the default to size image to frame.
>>>
>>> Greg
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply Greg
>>>

>> I have already set the preferences, Document setup and the image frame
>> itself to image to frame but it will not obey it.  Again only when I
>> update
>> image and this only becomes available on the second click.
>>
>> My current scribus version is 1.3.3-12 on debian.
>>

> I'm trying to figure out what you're doing. I think it's safe to say that
> drag and drop doesn't work. I gather you're using a file utility outside
> Scribus and expecting that to work, but it doesn't, and the internal open
> file dialog in Scribus won't work that way.
>
> Why not just right click on the frame > Get Image from context menu?
>

> Greg

I have konqueror open on half of the screen and scribus on the other half.
Drag and drop works pretty well most of the time (just not for what I want).
I assume when you say that drag'n'drop doesn't work you are referring to
windows?

The get image context window is just too slow for me and I like the fact
that I can have konq setup with all the thumbnails showing so its easier to
pick the image you need and then drop it in place.  Just a lot quicker when
dealing with lots of templates and lots of images.

Dan