[scribus] Optical margins in 1.3.5svn ?

Tornóci László torlasz at net.sote.hu
Sat Aug 2 16:28:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

I cannot make optical margins to work. Here's what I did:
I've written about 20 pages in oowriter, imported it into 1.3.3.12, made
a nice 3 column layout there. Then I imported the .sla file to 1.3.5svn.
(Because it is supposed to have better hyphenation/justification
capabilities. Importing the oo odt file directly to 1.3.5 didn't work
well to me, that's why imported it first to 1.3.3.12.). In the text box
properties, 'advanced settings', I set word tracking min: 65%, norm:
100%, Glyph extension min: 97%, max: 103%. In 'distance of text' I set
'Optical margins' to 'Default' (that's the only option besides 'None').
After getting the text hyphenated, the result is quite acceptable,
except the margins. They look absolutely straight to me, not like
optical margins should be (hyphens sticking out somewhat).

What am I doing wrong? Are optical margins supposed to work in a freshly
built 1.3.5svn?

					Yours: Laszlo