[scribus] In Scribus, how to fill text in TextFrame automatically?

Pankaj Mittal pankaz at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:25:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am new to Scribus and amazed by looking at its power. Hmmm.. I have been
missing a lot. I have installed Scribus on Windows OS.

I am trying to create a set of cards to be used in a game with different
text. The real project is much more complex but I will keep it simple to
understand the things.

Scenario: I have a simple Scribus document with just one TextFrame in it.
Its ID is "Text1". This is our Template document.

I have 20 data rows, in Excel, which I need to, enter in Template. I can do
it by creating 20 copies of template and enter the text manually in each
copy. But this is really painful and impractical. I may need to change
something or add more rows or what not.

Question: How can I automate the process of ----

  1.. Make a copy of Template document.
  2.. Entering the data from Excel to "Text1" in that copy document?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Pankaj