[Scribus] 1.3.3.11 doesn't read modified notepad/WinXP .sla files.

Plinnell mrdocs
Sat Apr 19 14:41:32 CEST 2008

On Saturday 19 April 2008 14:18:11 Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to edit something in a text-frame which was on a
> background layer. It didn't occur to me that I had to select the layer
> first to edit the text in that text-frame. However, considering it a
> problem, I modified the .sla in NotePad.
>
> However, 1.3.3.11 displayed an error and didn't open the .sla every
> single time I saved the modifications to the .sla in the NotePad. I
> tried UTF8, ANSI and Unicode formats in the Notepad. Only ANSI worked
> but the frame handles were displaying in big block RED boxes instead
> of small red squares.
>
> Though I did recall later that the text-frame was on a background
> layer (that's why I was not able to edit it from the foreground
> layer!) and made the changes that I wanted, I think it's important to
> fix this NotePad related behavior.

You might want to avoid Notepad and use something more robust like J-edit or
notepad++ which are more reliable in saving to UTF, which is what Scribus
really wants to see

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Asif
> ps: Why can't you include help in the Linux version?

Which platform ? what package ? where downloaded from ?

Peter