[Scribus] Issues with exporting to PDF.

Owen rcook
Sat Apr 19 09:01:32 CEST 2008

> I'm new to all of this. I figured out the document making part of Scribus
> easily enough, but turning it into a PDF is the hardest part.  I noticed
> that if I choose PDF X/3 I'm told the "image has a dpi value of less than
> 144". If I choose the other PDF options, the preflight verifier says
> everything is cool, but then when I go to "save as pdf" I get a "cannot
> write the file" note.
>
> So. I'm wondering, how do I increase the dpi value of a given image? (I'm
> working on an Ubuntu Linux computer with GIMP to make the images)

Open in Gimp, then Image->Scale Image and change the dpi to 300 or
whatever and you will have to watch the x and y dimensions, maybe adjust
those.

You can't put more information into an image, but the program can guess
(by mathematical formula) how to increase the size of an image

> then, once I've figured that out,
>
> How can i troubleshoot a given document in order to save it as a pdf?

Just read what it says, you can ignore errors if you want, have you tried
that? If you can't psyche it out, ask here. Text overflow is probably the
most common, just increase the text box, or edit and reduce the text to
fit

> Is there some way i can save it in another format, with high resolution,
> so
> I can print it out, send it to others, put it up on a website?

I don't think so.

Owen