[Scribus] Issues with exporting to PDF.

**arnz** arnicaliebe
Sat Apr 19 00:20:47 CEST 2008

I'm new to all of this. I figured out the document making part of Scribus
easily enough, but turning it into a PDF is the hardest part.  I noticed
that if I choose PDF X/3 I'm told the "image has a dpi value of less than
144". If I choose the other PDF options, the preflight verifier says
everything is cool, but then when I go to "save as pdf" I get a "cannot
write the file" note.

So. I'm wondering, how do I increase the dpi value of a given image? (I'm
working on an Ubuntu Linux computer with GIMP to make the images)

then, once I've figured that out,

How can i troubleshoot a given document in order to save it as a pdf?

Is there some way i can save it in another format, with high resolution, so
I can print it out, send it to others, put it up on a website?

thanks...

--
"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what
I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said."

- Donald Rumsfeld.